Fort Lauderdale Alumni continues to be a “beacon of light” to the community it serves. The chapters footprint and impact has a positive influence in Broward County.
A Leading Chapter For Over 70 Years …
The Fort Lauderdale Alumni began to form in 1953 at the office of Brother James A. Dallas. Prior to the meeting, five of the ten brothers needed to charter the chapter were members of the Miami Alumni. They were brothers: Samuel Sworn; James A. Dallas; Dr. Calvin Shirley; George Davis; Dr. Leonard Bass. The five additional brothers were Cornelius Rolle, William H. Johnson, Betram Sears, Henry Lamor, Luscious Sanctious. Brothers Beauregard Cummings and Frank Scruggs joined the group when the group was officially chartered, bringing the amount of founders’ to twelve.
Years of Service
Achievement Foundation of
Serving the Greater Fort Lauderdale area, the Achievement Foundation of Fort Lauderdale, Inc. invests in opportunities that engage today’s generation of young people in leading the social, economic and educational transformation of under-served and under-represented communities throughout the nation and global community.
The Achievement Foundation of Fort Lauderdale, Inc. exists as the philanthropic arm of the Fort Lauderdale Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi® Fraternity, Inc.